At Omnitron Sensors, our team of award-winning industry veterans is pioneering the next generation of MEMS devices. We went outside the box to change how MEMS are made so developers can take a gigantic leap in product performance and capabilities. We’re out to impact every part of the sensor ecosystem, bringing Omnitron’s platform to the forefront of sensor development.
We do things differently. We challenge conventional thinking and traditionally-accepted methods to reinvent how MEMS are manufactured. Our process IP results in a MEMS topology that simplifies the assembly process to improve performance of sensor applications. By using our approach, companies can build leading-edge MEMS sensing technology at low cost and high-performance.
We are looking for a motivated and creative engineer to work on a disruptive optical MEMS product focusing on LiDAR development and innovation. The primary technical duties include LiDAR system design, optical design, and innovation, through design verification and validation. Experience in understanding of electronics, expertise in electro-optical systems, experience with 3D-LiDAR sensors, and excellent communication skills are required. Candidates will be expected to offer creative insights for R&D problems, characterize and define system architecture, and help execute the design.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Learn and develop new LiDAR system architectures through trade studies, link budget analysis and modeling
- Conduct performance evaluation and optimization of electro-optical systems design by using commercial/in-house simulation packages
- Overcome technical bottlenecks by proposing novel design concepts
- Distill clear subsystem requirements given complex system-level specifications
- Design of optical subsystems for monostatic and bistatic systems
- Develop design and validation of optical and system tests
Qualifications and Requirements
- MS/Ph.D. in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, or Optical Engineering
- 5+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Experience with different LiDAR topologies and understanding of different LiDAR topologies
- Experience with embedded systems with FPGAs for signal processing
- Experience with integrated circuit packaging is a plus
- Experience in optical system design and testing preferred
- Experience with Zemax or equivalent optical design tool
- Location: Remote with 25% travel to Los Angeles/San Francisco